Owner
Votes:
+46
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Admins
Owner
Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to post a note to let everyone know what is going on. I know many of you do already know what is going on with us, but I thought I would just put it out there for everyone - just so there isn't any lack of communication or mixed messages and no one is left wondering what is going on.

Recently dkhawser and I had our landlord tell us that he was selling our house. This led us to scramble to find a place for ourselves, our kids and our pets in the midst of a housing crisis and shortage where we live. We have found a place, and we are in the process of moving. Our rent went up $1,000 as rents and property taxes have skyrocketed where we live (part of the housing crisis).

We haven't been able to be on as much as we have a lot going on IRL right now & things have been a bit stressy. While this was all starting, our daughter also lost a baby and had a miscarriage. She was newly pregnant and we were helping out with our grandson; I was doing night diaper changes and bottle runs with the toddler while our daughter was going through medical issues and a grieving process.

So we worked through that and now we are having to pack up and move a whole house - plus we both work full time. I also am attending University part-time, and dk also is taking courses. I currently have midterms at school and I was slammed with group projects, a 20 pg report, presentations and proposals this past week. Normally I do not have an issue juggling University and work along with the server. If I knew we were moving, I would never have taken courses this semester!!! Not to mention, a week after I paid for my schooling the bomb was dropped on us about our potential homelessness issue. So yea, usually I don't have server activity issues - I am on tons normally, but throw in moving a full house, family medical issues and at the same time as all this, I have performance reviews at work, and my work also announced today some restructuring and that my department is moving to be unionized in the next couple months. I am a temporary employee on contract until June - they aren't sure yet what that means for me. We will find out. In the meantime, I am taking some courses with work and have been scrambling to do well on my performance reviews - so that is why I have not been around as much as I normally am during the day. Need the job to keep everything so that has to be my No 1 priority right now.

Wow, when it rains, it pours. So that is where we are at. We, by all means, are NOT losing interest in the server, nor is the server going anywhere. We can still afford it and it's still in our budget. Our inactivity does not mean the server is dying. We love this community and can't wait to come back to have fun with you all! <3

We will not have internet for some of this week, but we will still be in daily contact with the staff team. Our staff has all stepped up and are helping out as much as they all can. Please respect them and go to them with any issues or concerns you may have.

We hope our move is flawless and fast. I will still be checking in on discord when I can, and well I am reachable on facebook too. I will try my best to be here too but without internet, I might not have access to the website for a couple days - if my response is delayed, that is why! I am not ignoring you!

Please be patient with us while RL is trying to kick our butts. We ask if you can all help us out by trying to be active on the server and helping each other out & continue being amazing. We are still planning events, even a community boss event coming up again soon too!

We have posts and threads on various social media sites, Planet Minecraft, Minecraft forum, Reddit, and facebook etc. Please help us by upvoting us, bumping us, reply with positive comments if possible. Those things plus voting really do help out the server. Even posting here and keeping the forum active really helps us tons!

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks you guys for making this such an amazing community! <3

Chitter & dk.

I locked the thread as we are back! Well - Chitter is! Dk is around - he's doing more behind the scenes work at the moment (planning a quest world!) We are both around and active daily, we just might be working on plugins or behind the scenes.
gzeWu5o.jpg
Posted Feb 10, 18 · OP · Last edited May 6, 18 by ChitterCha...
Votes:
+10
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Helper
Explorer
hang in there you all youll will make it, if theres anything i can do to help just let me know ok
Posted Feb 10, 18
Votes:
+14
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Citizen
Wanderer
Explorer
Life does get in the way unfortunately, but we understand. I hope everything turns out well for you both! ❤
Posted Feb 10, 18
Votes:
+7
Explorer
Thinking of you both, during this time! Hope it's a smooth transition and we will see you both again soon. <3
Posted Feb 13, 18
NoticeNotices