Owner
Votes:
+43
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Admins
Owner
Applying for Staff

If you are interested in applying for staff, please make sure to read the following to ensure your success in having your application accepted.

At Flowerdale we want everyone to have the best Minecraft adventure and experience possible. This also includes our staff team.

Everyone on the server must follow the server rules. This includes all staff. Being staff does not entitle you to get away with any wrongdoing at all. Understanding the rules for all our servers is important to being a successful staff member at The Kingdom of Flowerdale. Our goal at Flowerdale is to have all our staff ranks care not only about the success of the server in general, but also to have a genuine care and interest for all members.

Being part of the staff team also has its own set of requirements. All staff start out as helper ranks. The helper application can be found on the top menu of our website - under Apply.

Helper Ranks greet and guide new players and assist staff as needed. They get a hands-on experience with working with the rest of the Flowerdale Staff Team. Helpers also assist members with chat activity within our community, in game, in discord and on the forums.

Moving onwards and upwards from helper rank, successful Flowerdale helper staff can be promoted to the following Staff Ranks:

• Architect Team (Builder)
  • Community Event Team (CET)
  • Head Staff (HS)

IMPORTANT: Staff are approved by the owners, dkhawser & ChitterChatter_ – ONLY. Do NOT bother other staff members for staff ranks or any information regarding your submitted application. ALL responses to applications will be at the forum. DO NOT bother dkhawser or ChitterChatter_ in game or on discord regarding staff applications. Your application will be denied if you continue to disobey this main rule.

Helper Requirements:

• Must be at least 15 years old (it isn't about just age – but also maturity).
  • A discord account is required (with a working microphone).
  • Ability to use Slack (or willingness to learn). Find out about Slack ===> https://slack.com/
  • Must have an appropriate username & nickname (staff can NOT keep changing nicknames either).
  • Must have an ENJIN account with an assigned character. (This character MUST be the main character)
  • You must be an active player. We expect our staff to be active, so an active loyal player of course would be the most likely candidate. We would want you to prove that you are dedicated to the server's interests by playing on the server and proving you are trustworthy.
  • You must be a socially active member of the community – both in game and on the forum. We need our staff to be willing to help us out with promotions, bumping posts, upvoting recruit advertisements and more. Being active with our social media is also a bonus for potential candidates.
  • You must be able to take screenshots and know how to upload screenshots for evidence to assist with reporting players breaking the rules.
  • You must not be current staff on another Minecraft server. We expect our staff to be focused here. We don't mind if you play other servers, but being staff on other servers can be a conflict of interest and it's not something we want to get involved in. We would expect that Flowerdale is your main "home" server and you are working with us to help promote and better our community as well as recruit new members.
  • You must never have obtained in game punishments such as being muted, jailed, banned etc. We expect our staff to know our rules and be willing to abide by them.
  • You must want to help out the server and help us achieve goals and work towards improving things and be willing to assist on all the servers.
  • Last but not least, you need to have a positive mature attitude. Our servers are constantly growing, changing, and evolving. Having a positive attitude and demonstrating the adaptability of change, while having teamwork and cooperation is extremely important to being a member of the staff team.

Helper FAQ

Why is there a 15+ age requirement? We want to ensure that our staff have the maturity, reasoning and some of the life experience that may be required for some of the situations that they may encounter. Now, of course, there may be exceptions. Both dkhawser and ChitterChatter_ have met some 12 yrs that have proven to be more mature than some 30 yr olds. Heck, our own son was a raid leader in WoW at age 9. So, if you truly feel you are an exception, by all means, you can still apply. Just be sure to be prepared to answer some questions and have a chat with us. The best thing to do if you are really wanting to be staff and you are under 14 is to really become an active, well known, helpful member and show the community how friendly and mature you can be.

How long will it take to get a response on my application? You should get a reply on your application within a week. Please be aware, the both ChitterChatter_ and dkhawser both work full time and attend school – if it is exam week for either of them, responses may be a little delayed.

If my application is denied when I can apply again? What does this mean? If your application is denied, depending on the situation given to you, you can apply again. Make sure to read the full reasons Don't take a rejection personal, be patient and mature and take this time to use the advice given to you and work harder towards gaining your goal of becoming staff.

Can I apply for Admin? No. All staff start at the Helper rank. You can only apply for that and work your way up after. Admin rank is unobtainable at this moment.

I am interested in a different position (Builder, Moderator, Event team etc) - How do I apply for one of those? All our staff ranks start out as helper position. You can apply for helper and work towards being promoted to the rank choice of your goal. As a helper you can ask head staff member for mentoring.

Can I ask other staff members about the status of my application? No. Staff are approved by the owners, dkhawser & ChitterChatter_ – ONLY. Do NOT bother other staff members for staff ranks or any information regarding your submitted application. ALL responses to applications will be at the forum. DO NOT bother dkhawser or ChitterChatter_ in game or on discord regarding staff applications. Your application will be denied if you continue to disobey this main rule.
gzeWu5o.jpg
Posted Oct 20, 17 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+6
Banned users
I would like to apply for the Helper rank, please. Thank you! :)
Posted Oct 20, 17
Owner
Votes:
+43
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Admins
Owner
There is a link up on the top menu that says Apply. You should be able to click that and a form will appear.

To apply, truthfully answer the questions provided and submit the form.

Let me know if you have any issues.
gzeWu5o.jpg
Posted Oct 20, 17 · OP
NoticeNotices